From Ayurveda we know that we do our body with a warm breakfast something really good. The digestion is still rather weak in the morning and wants to be awakened lovingly. An easily digestible porridge, which you can vary depending on the season and your mood, is just the right thing. Today we've brought you a recipe for a warming porridge that goes wonderfully with winter. Together with our activated hazelnuts it will give you a powerful start to the day.
Why use activated nuts in porridge?
Activated nuts offer you a maximum of
minerals and other valuable ingredients compared to raw or roasted nuts. The activation process makes our 2DiE4 nuts easier to digest and gives them a wonderful crunch. They contain zinc, iron calcium and potassium, vitamins of the B group, lecithin and vitamin E, which protects your cells due to its antioxidant effect. It is important that you do not heat your activated 2DiE4 hazelnuts to preserve the valuable vitamins, proteins and fatty acids. Our activated nuts are the perfect topping for your porridge - enjoy!
Ingredients for one serving
- 1 tsp oil (it is best to use cold-pressed rapeseed oil, as it can be slightly heated, has a neutral taste and is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- a pinch each of ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground pepper
- 3 lightly heaped tablespoons of rolled oats (small leaf)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed (Ground flaxseed is best, as it swells better and can help your intestines work better that way. However, ground flaxseed has a short shelf life. If you wish, you can prepare your flaxseed fresh each time by placing the required amount in a mortar and pounding thoroughly. This way the seeds burst open and can absorb the liquid well).
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nut puree
- 150 - 200ml water or vegetable drink
- 1 handful of activated 2DiE4 hazelnuts
- If desired, some grated dark chocolate (When buying chocolate, make sure to buy only organic products from fair trade. You will be supporting initiatives to protect against child labor.)
Preparation of your porridge
Gently heat the oil in a small pot, add the spices and let them warm up briefly. Add the oatmeal and flax seeds and pour the water or vegetable drink over everything. Let the mixture boil, then reduce the heat, add raisins, nutmeal and maple syrup and let everything simmer gently for about 5-10 minutes. Keep stirring well and add more liquid if needed. When the desired consistency is reached, pour your porridge into a bowl. Garnish your breakfast with the activated hazelnuts, add some grated dark chocolate and enjoy the porridge immediately.
|Want more nuts? Discover them here!|